The International Conference on Blockchains and their Applications aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners from various communities of science and technology working on areas related to FinTech, Crypto-asset, and Blockchain.
Contributors are encouraged to submit theoretical and/or applied articles on their research related to Blockchains in general.
Topics of the conference include but are not limited to the followings:
- Crypto-asset, cryptocurrency
- Blockchain technologies
- B2B and B2C solutions
- Regulatory issues
- Anomaly detection, cybersecurity
- Digital assets market, credit network, smart contract, remittance, digital ID
- Application to energy and environmental issues
- Financial inclusion
- Innovation policy
- Network science
Journal Special Issue
See below for the list of co-sponsors
Keynote and Invited Speakers
- Keynote speaker
- David Schwartz (Ripple Labs Inc., CTO)
- Invited speakers (alphabetical order)
- Mamoru Fujimoto (SBI Holdings, Inc.)
- Naoki Sakai (Electric Power Sharing Co.,Ltd)
- Gábor Vattay (Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary)
- Emi Yoshikawa (Ripple Labs Inc.)
- February 17 (Wed) and 18 (Thu) , 2021
- Hybrid conference. Those who wish to come to the conference are welcome to the following venue. On-line presentations and discussions are also welcome.
- International Conference Room I, Clock Tower Centennial Hall, Kyoto University
- Place: https://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/about/profile/facilities/staff/clocktower
- Access: https://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/access/main-campus-map
We accept presentations from researchers and practitioners. Please submit your abstract in the conference website (see Registration and Submission). Abstract is recommended up to 500 words approximately. All submitted abstracts will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and expression clarity.
Download Call For Paper
- Deadline of abstract submission (with registration) for general speakers: January 31, 2021
(N.B. Those who wish to submit an abstract for presentation must register until the end of January.)
- Notification of acceptance: February 10, 2021
- Registration (without abstract submission) deadline: February 13, 2021; (No registration fee is required.)
- Here is Registration and Submission form.
(in alphabetical order)
- RIKEN iTHEMS
- Ripple Labs Inc.
- SBI Holdings, Inc.
- The B.E.S.T. Society (The Big data on Economy, Science, and Technology)
- The Nomura Foundation (Grants for Social Science)
- Yuichi Ikeda (Kyoto University), Chairman
- Hideaki Aoyama (RIETI; RIKEN iTHEMS)
- Tetsuo Hatsuda (RIKEN iTHEMS)
- Yoshi Fujiwara (University of Hyogo)
- Emi Yoshikawa (Ripple Ltd.)